Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > Good lap top for maxisysElite , Printing...
Good lap top for maxisysElite , Printing,storage, J box programing

1216 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-16 21:03:24

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    Tundra
    2020-06-13 23:56:17
     Looking for recommendations for Lap top for use with Elite and Jbox

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-14 01:51:21 (Reply to:Tundra)

According to GM ,a  laptop for Programming generally should have Windows 10 Pro with a  I3, I5, or I7 processor with a generation 6 or higher Processor. I think I will have to tell GM to shove it up their @zz and I'll chance  an old I-3 generation 2 laptop relegated to programming with a new  500gb SSD and a upgrade install of Windows 10 pro and buy a $5 key online. It's something I'm rarely going to use too  much anyhow. Why would anyone ever consider using a pricey new laptop with all your information, photos, videos etc with Virus protection turned off to do programming with? I'm hoping an I3 PC with a SSD can work as well as a I5 one with a conventional hard drive.
    GM doesn't say that if it doesn't meet the recommended specs that things aren't going to work out for you, but they set lofty requirements and won't provide any support if you have a programming issue and see if what you are using doesn't meet their specs, so right away they know they'll be able to get out of supporting more than 2/3 of techs running into any programming issues and tell you the cause is on your end , LOL. 

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    Tundra
    2020-06-16 21:03:24 (Reply to:witsend)
      I would get a lap top just for this purpose, nothing else. Maybe store some shop or job pictures ?
           Some one told some OEM down loads needs windows 7 still ? All new to me so gathering info.
  Total1 Pages